LIC Community Support
LIC Community COVID-19 Relief Group
The LIC Community Covid-19 Relief Group is the collaboration of local civic, religious and business organizations working together to alleviate specific needs in our neighborhood and surrounding areas. Their stated goal is to mobilize neighbors to help neighbors.
1. MEAL DISTRIBUTION - beginning Monday, March 23, we will begin to distribute meals for
students and families impacted by the ongoing school closure.
* DISTRIBUTION CENTERS: Locations TBD (Hunters Point, Court Square and Queensbridge)*
* RESTAURANT DONATIONS: If you are a restaurant owner and interested in providing
low-cost meals please contact Patrick Thompson at: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. DRY GOOD COLLECTION - Collection centers are open for dry goods for distribution through already existing food pantries throughout western Queens. Any products that are received will be disbursed daily to local food panties with the highest needs.
* NEW CITY CHURCH OFFICE: 10-54 47th Ave., LIC (Collection hours: 3pm - 7pm)
* LIC JEWISH COMMUNITY CENTER: 10-29 48th Ave. LIC (Call for hours 718-609-0066)
* BEST ITEMS TO DONATE: Follow this link for ideas about donations: https://bit.ly/39Xrz5J
3. VOLUNTEER/FINANCIAL MOBILIZATION - beginning immediately, we are building a
database of volunteers willing to serve in the multiple need areas listed below. We are also
working to grow a financial base to support local business that are providing meals and
subsidizing the cost of the hygiene packs and dry goods.
LIC-Based Nonprofit Organizations
Promoting their online list of artists with links to their website to encourage the community to buy art to support local artists. Culture Lab LIC created to manage Plaxall Gallery as both an art and community center. Seeking financial donations to help keep the staff going.
Keeping up services to our most vulnerable population: our older adults and residents unable to buy food.Your help will allow us to provide home-delivered meal service to our homebound elderly and daily lunch pick-ups for. those having food struggles. Your donation today will help us expand the food pantries at two of our community centers.
- Non-perishable food items for seniors
- Toilet Paper for seniors
- Gloves, Mask or Gowns to be used by Home Health Aides visiting homebound seniors
- Hand Sanitizer for Home Health Aide